Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Open House

It's after 9pm and I am smiling.  It makes for a long day to have to attend open house after working all day.  BUT I feel refreshed and I am smiling.  I LOVE the kids in my class and I LOVE their parents.  I was told more than once that I am appreciated.  That makes me feel GOOD.  I want my classroom to be a place where the kids want to come and play and learn.  Some days I feel like I didn't do everything I wanted, I think that I didn't teach 100% that day, and I hope my kids learned at least one thing.  To see their smiling faces, to get their hugs tonight makes it worth going to work Monday through Friday. In only 4 weeks of school most of the class has learned our daily procedures, they walk quietly in line, and they have learned 3 letters.  That is progress!!!!! 
I feel very lucky to be at Roberts during its first year.  I can't wait to go to school tomorrow!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment